Be surprised by this valuable heritage gem amidst industry and natural beauty. Experience the history of the 16th-century defensive structure in an interactive experience centre. Visit the cosy brasserie and stroll along the embankment to spot ocean giants from all corners of the world. Feel the contrast between the busy port activity and the tranquillity of the beautiful Beaver polders.
Tips for your visit:
- Ask for extra information at the reception desk about the site and surroundings
- Follow the marked route in the experience centre
- It is forbidden to enter the site by car
- From 1 April to 31 October from Wednesday to Sunday and public holidays: from 9.30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- from 1 November to 31 March: Wednesday to Friday: 9.30 a.m. to 5 p.m. - on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- the fort is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays (except public holidays) and on 24, 25 and 31 December and 1 January.
The fort can be visited with a guide every day except Mondays and Tuesdays. The fee for the guide is EUR 60 for 2 hours and EUR 30 per additional hour. In principle, a visit to the fort can be completed within a time span of 2 hours. One guide accompanies a maximum of 25 people. For large groups, you should therefore request two guides or more.
In summer, there are a number of free guided tours during summer guide Sundays.
Address: Ketenislaan 4, 9130 Kallo.