Think green - be green
At Hotel Beveren we are always working on a greener living environment and you are helping to make it happen! As a sustainable enterprise Van der Valk Hotel Beveren is certified with the Green Key certificate. This means that we take our responsibility for nature and the environment, without you having to compromise on comfort!
People, planet and profit are a structural part of our business objectives. That is why we are affiliated with Green Key. This is a well-known international label for sustainable businesses in the hotel and recreation industry. With this label we deal with nature and the environment just a little bit more consciously than the normal laws and regulations require. Corporate social responsibility is also high on our agenda and we find it important to contribute to a better world.
Guaranteed comfort and preservation at the same time? It can be done! We have found a good balance between sustainability and comfort. So you help during your stay to achieve our goals without you noticing it!
After an overnight stay at Van der Valk Hotel Beveren you are not only fit to start a new working day, you have also made a contribution to the conservation of nature and the environment! Curious about what we all do for the environment? Discover it here:
- As far as possible, we send quotations and confirmations digitally and not by post or paper. We print as little as possible and everyone's digital signature includes a 'think before you print' reminder. Ecologically responsible paper is used.
- We maken gebruik van zowel printpapier als toiletpapier met een ECOlabel
- In onze gerechten werken we zoveel mogelijk met lokale, fairtrade & bio- producten, dat is niet alleen heel erg lekker maar ook duurzaam!
- We separate all waste in the hotel
- We use LED lighting and this works almost everywhere on timers & detectors.
- Our key card system is energy efficient, fully secured and completely sustainable.
- During the stay, our guests can opt for our new program ''Green up your stay'' they can then choose not to have the room cleaned during the stay and reuse the towels. As a thank you for their green contribution, our guests will receive a complementary drink.
- We have a cogeneration system that generates heat and energy simultaneously, so there is no need for a separate energy installation!
- The hotel is fully equipped with water saving showers, taps and toilets.
- The parking lot is equipped with several charging stations for electric cars.
- We work with sustainable suppliers who also work with an environmental policy statement, we work with a limited number of different suppliers to reduce the fuel impact.
- We minimize the use of mono packaging to minimize plastic waste.
- The Brita water tap point provides filtered drinking water in reusable glass bottles.
- Our cleaning products have an eco label.
- Our network of suppliers combines the cargo of 5 other Van der Valk hotels so that a truck always drives with maximum load!
- There are no less than 432 solar panels on our roof that supply our hotel almost entirely with electricity.